Monday, September 21, 2009

Freud and Skinner: Floam



Freud sat in his study
And listened all day long
To wealthy German women
Saying this or that was wrong.

"I cannot feel my arm" one says,
Or "I'm scared of train wrecks".
Freud said "My opinion is
It has to do with sex!"

"Now come and see me every day
For 10 or 20 years
And in the end, I'll have your cash
But you'll have lost your fears".

Skinner took a squirrel
And put it in a box
And if it ever misbehaved
He gave it nasty shocks

He made it run throughmazes
To get a little food
And only Skinner was surprised
When the squirrel came unglued

But people aren't squirrels
No matter how it seems
And Skinner just could not explain
Language, jokes and dreams

Our minds are simply too complex
To fit his schema well.
But when that squirrel salivates
Skinner always rings a bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment